CBD Kombucha is fermented tea infused with CBD oil. It is relaxing, reviving, restoring, without the THC. CBD is derived from the hemp plant which is part of the Cannabicease family.
While I resided in Chicago, before my husanbd and I moved out West to Southern California, I started to brew my own Kombucha. Never quite got it just right. When the time came to leave we decide to bury the SCOBY. SCOBY is an acronym for symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast. It resembles a pancake. This culture “farts” out the sugar and ferments the tea. The tea does in fact hold a small amount of alcohol but unless it’s Booch Kraft your not likely to catch a buzz.
How To Make Kombucha
I’ll share with you a simple recipe that I employed.
- Boil a lot of water in your biggest pot. Make sure it will fill the container you intend to hold the mixture and SCOBY in.
- Steep 8 bags of organic black tea for about 5 minutes.
- Let it sit and cool. Like completely.
- Add cane sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the container with the SCOBY.
- Cover the container, making sure it is not exposed to light, and place it in a cool dry place.
- After 2/3 weeks take a sip. If it’s bubbly and tasty your all set.
After each batch you will gain a baby SCOBY! Share it with friends or start another batch. The SCOBY will grow as large as the container you place it in. Wild huh! It fascinates me.
Some info from Living Tea about CBD Kombucha they brew…they are the only folks I know that combine the two.
Here’s me drinking some CBD Kombucha and reporting back! Nothing too major, yet just the perfect amount of relaxation and chill my muscles and bones needed after a long week.
Have you tried it yet? Kombucha or CBD oil or CBD Kombucha? If so do tell – I love the shares!
If you found this fun and informative, do share it with a friend. And remember, to follow along subscribe to the channel. Fresh content out each week, but for the next 100 days or so every day something new, unless I get side tracked then I’ll skip a day or two.