Warrior III || Virabhadrasana TRI
Vira || courage/hero Bhadra || blessed, auspicious/virtuous
Primary Purpose of Warrior III || Strengthens the standing leg, stretches the hamstrings and out hip of standing leg, challenges balance, and stimulates proprioception
Benefits of Warrior III
- concentration, coordination, balance, poise, strenght
- lines of energy in body
Proceed With Care
- if you have high blood pressure, heart conditions, knee sensation, or shoulder injury
- if you have recent or chronic ankle, knee injury, inflammation or pain
Common Misalignments To Look Out For
- floating foot is disengaged
- hips are stacked vs squared
- chest dips below or extends above waistline
- draw tailbone long
- navel in and up
- extend through the back leg
- point toes toward the ground (helps align the hips)
- wrap floating leg hip toward the earth
- draw the standing leg hip crease back
Come explore Warrior Three with Ilona!
An advanced posture simplified. After a short warm up prepare for flight! Notice how you feel.
How do you feel?
I want to hear from you! How do you feel after taking off in Warrior Three? What was most challenging, what showed up for you in this exploration? Super curious to hear your thoughts.